I used to keep a journal. I kept a paper version the first time that I travelled to the states after leaving school. It was a mission to do and I often forgot to write in it. Despite that when I returned home and I went to back to reading it, it brought back a lot of memories and some finer details that I’d forgotten.
Before leaving on this trip I’d planned to keep one, and never got around to it. Then 2 of the people who I travelled with along the way kept a journal and I decided to start – better late than never.
I decided though it’d be easier to write on my iPad / iPhone. I read a few reviews and settled on “Day One”. I’ve loved every minute of doing it and wished I started years ago!
Here are some of the great features of One Day:
- Reminder (daily or weekly to write) – or no reminders if you don’t want them
- Simple and beautiful text interface to capture text entries
- The option to add a photograph each day (this forces me to take 1 good picture each day to capture the day)
- Location services turned on it captures where the entry was written and also the weather that you experienced that day
- Simple search and tagging function allows you to group your entries together
- It synchronizes easily between iPhone, iPad and Mac.
If a journal is something that you already keep (and you’re looking to go digital), or are interested in starting, “Day One” is a great app to check out:
Heading out a mountain bike today to explore Moalboal.
Check out this sweet tune I found called “Minor Cause” by Emancipator.