Do you have a dream, goal or aspiration in your life that you are serious about achieving? Something, that if you could obtain, would drastically change your life? Something that if you could solve would truly set you free?
- How long have you been dreaming about this goal? A couple of weeks? A few years?
- If it’s taking longer than you think it should have taken, what do you think the reasons are?
- Is the outcome not important enough for you?
- Perhaps another outcome is easier to achieve than your desired goal? (Sitting on the couch watching Netflix is easier than putting on your running shoes and heading out the door!)
- Maybe you’d be making better progress if you were accountable to someone?
I have written before about how small amounts of consistent effort can yield remarkable and sometimes seemingly impossible goals. So what can we do better to help us achieve the things in our life that we really want?
Below are some of the critical elements required for goal achievement:
- A clear definition of objective – (What)
- Aligning your goal with a purpose – (Why)
- Consistent effort – (How)
- Accountability and support - (Who)
- Clear defined timeframe – (When)
Most of us know this. So why do we continually fall short of achieving the things in our life that we want? Why if we know that small amounts of consistent effort would get us there, do we so often put off the important in favour the urgent? This is not a preach. I do the same things. I have goals that if I just completed a few tasks each day would have been completed and achieved ages ago, but we don’t - Narcos season 2 just came out on Netflix!
Let’s try something new.
I’ve taken a look at the above and come up with a way that I think will help anyone achieve even the biggest goals that they set for themselves in 6 months.
How serious are you about your goal? Are you prepared to invest the time, money and energy required to reach this goal? Are you able to stick it out? To do the things that you commit to doing, even when it gets tough and life gets in the way of your goal? Are you willing to support others in achieving their goals in return for them supporting and assisting you?
What would you like to achieve by the end of June 2017?
- Start a business?
- Fix or resolve a broken relationship?
- Write a book?
- Overcome heartache?
- Find your dream job?
2017 is already here, and there are many goals that seem like just yesterday I was reviewing at the beginning of 2016! I believe that with the right motivated people working together we will be able to reach our full potential and achieve something great in just 180 days.
If you are serious about your personal development and finding freedom from the things in your life that are currently holding you back, click below to find out more about our “Freedom in 6 months” program.
This is a new program that we're going to be testing and has limited space (5 people). Pricing is also deeply discounted as it’s the first time that the course is being run. Future courses are likely to be charged at higher pricing.
If you're serious about making a positive change in your life click on the button below to find out more.
I'd like to thank all of you that have supported me and the various projects that I have been working on in 2016. I wish you all the best for the last few days of this year and am excited to work with you and share my experiences I have planned for 2017!